4 July 2010

The Leavers Ball

Hi All
.
Last week of term! eeek! Year 12 is almost finished. Very scary thought! Have a lot to blog this week and amazingly I have lots of time because we are on activity week now. So..yesterday we had the leavers ball. All of the sixth form are invited. It was an amazing evening with an Alice in Wonderland theme!
There were so many sweet touches like these tags on the bottles. The doorway to the marquee was in the shape of a keyhole, the cocktails were named after different things from the story, the drinks were poured out of teapots and the dance floor was a black and white chessboard!(above two photos atributed to my nurse at school who is a fab photographer!) The best part for me was when pudding arrived. It was chocolate mousse but served in a teacup with cream and a sprinkled cocoa key on top! So sweet! (so gutted I didn't get a picture though)A few more details. Everyone looked so beautiful and because it was such a glorious day, I took so many pictures! scrapbooking time me thinks! Here are just a small selection...
I'm the little one! even with heels on! he he!
Some of the shoes were incredible! Me and a friend..Yes he is a giant and yes I am very small!My Man and his mates! he he! We all had such a lovely lovely evening. It was a nice occassion to just chill with people before the summer and enjoy good food and plenty of music and dancing!
.
And..please indulge me...a few pics of me and the boy from the ball! (Had to take an oppertunity when he is all smart!)

Hope you've all had a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by!

Loves xxxxx

5 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

i cant believe u've had another ball already. you look beautiful in ur dress abi, aqnd tim and u make a gorgeous couple. alice is certainly a cool theme this year and there are loads of scrapping things to use to make pages stand out. glad ur about to have a well-earned rest. shame we still havent met , maybe in the new term???
Jo xxxx

debs14 said...

You all look amazing! Looks like you had a great time, nice to relax after all those exams! Enjoy the summer x

Lizzie said...

Looks like a great occasion and lots of fun! The multi-coloured drinks looked interesting...
I like all the little "Alice" themed touches too.
Have a good final week of term and enjoy your summer holidays.

Sian said...

Wow, what an amazing night! End of term parties weren't like that in my day lol. Enjoy your holidays Abi

Jennifer Grace said...

Looks like wonderful fun!