19 July 2011

Going Postal

Hi

The other day when browsing blogs I came across this lovely project from Julie Kirk. The aim is to create or blog about something postal and then it will be pinned and shared on Julie's board on pinterest. It can literally be anything!

Well this got me excited because who doesn't love old postage stamps, air mail envelopes and paper parcels wrapped up in string (cue "sound of music")

I did ponder a post on old letters however I stumbled across this old photo when clearing out the photo albums. It was crying for a page and although there is nothing remotely postal attached to it, postal embellishment looked really nice with it.

There is something timeless about decorating a page with postage stamps. The airmail edging on an envelope made a lovely border. I continued the postal theme with my own handwriting and flowers made from book pages. It is quite a simple page but the soft elements give it a dreamy quality which is what I was aiming for.

Because there is no real story attached to the picture, the postal theme gave me some direction and in my opinion makes the layout unified. Reuslt me thinks! Thanks for the prompt Julie!

Thanks for stopping by

Loves xxxx

 P.S I showed the picture to my Mum and she told me it was taken when we were on holiday. Yep, so there is a tennuous postal link. sweet!

6 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

and you can so tell it is lil abi,
jo xxx

Lynn said...

Lovely layout and don't you look cute in that hat!

Julie Kirk said...

Hi Abi. Great page! The stamps work reallly well, especially with the colours you've chosen. [And how cute are you in that photo?!]

Thanks so much for playing along. You're all safely pinned to the Going Postal board here: http://re.pn/b/jFsu now.

Thanks again!

Julie :-)

Jennifer Grace said...

looks gorgeous abi, i love the airmail envelope border. Sweet photo too! x

fatmonica said...

It's a great layout.The envelope background and stamps really bring it to life.

Sian said...

I think the story might be the lovely family resemblance I see in that photo!