9 October 2011

I'll always be the girl

Time is limited at the moment and that means that I get far more reading of blogs done than I do posting or commenting. This is I think an unfair balance of my time on the web but it does come with advantages.
One of those is that I can collate a lot of ideas about my next blog post when I will eventually get time to sit down and write it.

I think it is safe to say that one of my favourite blogs to read is Stephanie Howells. If there is such a thing as a blog crush, hers would be mine. Her blog is light hearted and funny and was also the first blog I ever found.

The other day she wrote this post and I knew I could create something similar. You know when you have an idea and it simmers for a while until you feel you can write it down? Yep, it was like that.

Because from a new place and a new environment I have come to realise that wherever I go I will always be the girl...

who worries far too much other the smallest details.

Who likes to plan and organise and manage and create rotas. who in short likes to know what she is doing. (I found this out after arriving at my new work place and for three days not having a timetable, to say I was stressed is putting it mildly)

I will always be the girl who has to sit down when she laughs too hard and no sound comes out except wheezing. Guranteed you know someone like this.

who enjoys a night in with chocolate and a duvet far more than hitting the town.

I will always be the girl who is loyal to those closest to her and likes to take time to talk.

I will always be the girl who finds it far easier to talk and far more difficult to listen.

who tries to put on a smile each day even when she is upset, yet is rubbish at not crying when feeling unwell.

I will always be the girl who cries at soppy films and laughs uncontrallably at good comedy. Who can devour a good book in a day and has to read at least a chapter of something before she can fall asleep.

I will always  be the girl who takes far too many pictures and cannot bear to delete them because one day she might just need them for something. Who plans so many crafty things in her head that she cannot remember them when she has spare time

I will always be the girl that appreciates family, who will take the time out to go back home or enjoy sitting in the lounge one evening playing games together.

I will always be the girl who dreams, who comes up with unrealistic but exciting schemes (involving the boy and her ) until she is told that they might not be possible and  begins another.

I will always be the girl who loves Jesus Christ and has as much chrisitan music on her i-pod as secular stuff.

I will always be the girl who works hard and appreciates a few free minutes for a cup of tea.


This is me.

xxx

2 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

What a lovely post,Abi.

Lizzie said...

Love this Abi!
You will always be the girl whose blog makes us smile!