13 April 2012

Photo Stories

Hi

There are many times that I look at a collection of photos on facebook and think to myself, "man, I wish I knew the story behind these." I am very aware that I often put albums on facebook and know that I am doing them a diservice because I too have not shared their story. This is why my best friend has been badgering asking me for days to write a post on these photos because these stories need to be told.

The story behind the photos: A trip with a group of friends to Weston beach.

The story behind the story: This was the first day of the boys holiday, the second week of mine and the third week of the other two.

This girl is my best friend and is currently at uni so I see her at best once a term.


This boy is her boyfriend. I have known him since I was eleven, when we both turned up for our school entrance exam, very nervous and young. Them getting together was like two parts of my world colliding- very exciting!


He hasn't stopped growing from when we first met!


This tripped was planned days weeks in advance by my best friend. Let's just say that there was more than one text just saying "WE'RE GOING TO THE BEACH!"

We decided to go by train and it was delayed by twenty minutes, irritated much?! When we finally got there we decided to go for the full on Beach experience.

The girls were far better prepared with footwear than these two were!


Because we don't see each other often, pictures were a necessity. It is also an occassion for both of us to get some really nice shots with our other half. No more of that holding the camera out in front of us shindig!



We girls bossed the boys into having pictures, telling them to jump in the air. It wasn't until I looked at the photo afterwards that I realised what a jump the boy had done! I mean, who jumps that high!?

We had fish and chips and icecream on the beach and then walked along the pier. It's funny, the boys didn't need pursading to stand behind this..


My favourite photo of the boy from the day. I was sitting on the sand and he was looking out to the sea, I pointed the camera up and clicked just as he turned his head. Perfect.



Mostly it was just amazing to see this girl again face to face after many months and have a quality catch up!


This is the story of four people, who know each other inside out, who joined together on one sunny day to create a memory and a bank of photos to look back on in the months to come.


What stories need to be told about your photos?

Abi

5 comments:

Sian said...

What a lovely happy day out! ..and what height is he?! looks like he could be a rower

JO SOWERBY said...

i loved these on fb but knowing the story is even better. so glad u had a fab day. there are many stories i haven't yet told, i am working through some old travel stories at the moment and re-reading my diaries from the trips. they were gr8 fun and now i scrapbook, i can marry the words and pictures together in a gr8 way,
jo xxx

debs14 said...

Great stories, great photos and great memories. Thank you for sharing the background to them!

scrappyjacky said...

What a great day you all had.....wonderful photos.....and lovely to hear the story as well.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love that jump! And the light from that day is fantastic.
Rinda