29 December 2012

Favourite photos/moments of 2012

Part two of my favourite photos and moments of the last year and we jump straight in at July.

I loved organising a mini photography course on the blog. This is one of my favourite photos from the lesson on aperture.


We moved house over the summer and I found a new spot to take photos.


We jetted off for a week in the sun in Virginia. I took so many photos during those seven days but these two are probably my favourites. 




September was such a weird month. Everyone had gone back to work or school and I was left waiting for uni. 


My quilt in three days is probably my favourite project from 2012. It was great to make something to take away with me, and provided me with something to focus on. 


Definitely the most significant moment of the past year; heading off to Durham. 


I feel so blessed to have settled in quickly at uni and be surrounded by buildings like this. 


I have made some wonderful friends at Durham. We have enjoyed plenty of walks together along the river, and towards the end of term in the snow! 


I went on our CU weekend away to Scotland in November. It was one of the coldest weekends but so good to spend some time away. 


The term ended, I headed home for Christmas and here we are again, reflecting on another year! 


What were the highs and favourite moments for you in this past year? 
Bring on 2013! 

6 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

A lovely selection of favourites,Abi.

debs14 said...

You have chosen well Abi! I think my highs all relate to being together with my family. As children grow up and move away, the time spent together is all the more precious.

Beverly said...

A wonderful retrospective, Abi :) I am spending time thinking about just this over the weekend.

Lizzie said...

Some great moments and memories there! I hope 2013 will be as good a year for you.
It's been a rather chaotic & crazy year for me, with various problems, including my mum's stroke in August. But there were some good high points too. For a start, I had support from my great husband & son, so the hard days haven't been quite so hard.
Then, I've been away for a couple of bookbinding days, at Knuston Hall (the nearby adult residential college); I also spent a great week in Spain, working at the studio of a printmaker & painter, learning about lino-cut printing.
We had a couple of lovely family holidays - one in the summer and the other in the same village in Spain, during October.
And several family get-togethers and celebrations, including a great time this week, on Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Then I did a bit of teaching, including a week during August, teaching bookbinding to a group of keen 8-12 year-olds.
And lots & lots of books, commissions and general projects, all completed and sent off to new owners.
It wasn't such a bad year for me!

Wishing you a Happy New Year and a very successful 2013!

Maria Ontiveros said...

These are fantastic. I'm trying to put together a post of favorite photographs from the year but am having a really hard time choosing!
Rinda

Sarah said...

Great photos, Abi and a lovely way to records your favourite 2012 moments!I may try and do something similar Sarah x